Contract Duration: Permanent part time
Location: 405 Lisburn Road, Belfast, BT9 7EW
Background & Purpose
This is a critical and exciting role, reporting to the Managing Director. As a member of the Senior Management Team, you will have sound financial technical skills, an ability to manage a diverse portfolio whilst offering creative solutions for the future growth and success of the business.
- Management of the tax department and tax staff.
- Review the preparation of high net worth individual tax returns.
- Review Sole trader/Partnership/CT600/Trust tax returns.
- Answer specific tax queries raised by clients or staff members.
- Manage HMRC full and aspect enquiries in relation to PAYE, Personal Tax, Corporate Tax and VAT
- Billing in relation to the tax department and control of WIP
- Tax planning work, reviewing the overall tax position for each client to ensure that they are tax efficient. Preparation of tax reports on same
- Develop new sources of tax income eg IHT reports, PAYE/VAT health checks, Succession planning etc.
- Preparation of Tax Updates to be emailed to clients and prospective clients
- Develop relationships with existing clients and third parties
Essential skills and experience
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following achievements and skills
- Qualified accountant ACA
- Qualified CTA
- Three years post qualification experience in practice
- Excellent exam record
- Experience at managerial level
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills Salary
- Excellent salary package available dependant on experience.
Applications: If you are interested in this role and meet the above criteria please apply in writing to include CV in strictest confidence to; Tanya Gibson, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: The closing date for applications is Friday 2 April 2021.
Other positions will be advertised on the company’s website as required.
- All our qualified staff are required to attend CPD each year. We are a registered member of Mercia Ireland Training.
- We operate a TOIL system of time recording (Time Off in Lieu).