New position - Accounts/Audit Assistant Manager
Audit/Accounts Assistant Manager
Reporting to: Audit Manager
Contract Duration: Permanent - Full
Location: 405 Lisburn Road, Belfast, BT9 7EW
Background & Purpose
This is a critical and exciting role reporting to the Audit Manager. As a member of the Senior Management team, you will have sound financial technical skills, an ability to assist in the management of a diverse portfolio whilst offering creative solutions for the future growth and success of the business.
Audit, Accounts Preparation and Tax Compliance
- Preparation of sole trade, partnership, small company, club and credit union accounts.
- Tax compliance for individuals, partnerships and companies.
- Bookkeeping, to include preparation of VAT returns, for sole traders, partnerships and small companies.
- Management and review of the work of junior staff members.
- Administration for the accounts department to include billing.
- Liaising with other departments to ensure the smooth delivery of the audit process.
- Dealing with audit issues and research on technical matters.
Essential skills and experience
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following achievements and skills
- Qualified accountant ACA/ACCA all first time passes.
- Excellent exam record to include school exams and a minimum 2:1 degree.
- Experience in an audit department in practice.
- Experience in managing staff.
- Strong technical knowledge of UKGAAP and UK auditing standards.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills.
- Strong local network of contacts.
- Excellent salary package available dependant on experience.
If you are interested in this role and meet the above criteria please apply in writing to include CV in strictest confidence to; Tanya Gibson, Practice Manager, PGM Chartered Accountants, 405 Lisburn Road, Belfast, BT9 7EW or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is Friday 14 February 2020 at 5.00pm.
Please note we reserve the right to enhance the criteria to aid shortlisting.
Other positions will be advertised on the company’s website as required.
- All our qualified staff are required to attend CPD each year. We are a registered member of Mercia Ireland Training.
- We operate a TOIL system of time recording (Time Off in Lieu).